Making a Difference
For nearly 70 years the agents and employees of Russ Lyon | Sotheby’s International Realty have been involved in community service work and charitable organizations in Arizona. These efforts have historically been the individual pursuits of an agent or an office within the company. Russ Lyon | Sotheby’s International Realty leadership collected data and research on the impact of these multiple efforts and saw an opportunity to bring them together in a united entity with company support to enhance and improve these efforts. The Russ Lyon | Charitable Foundation provides a safe, constructive and fulfilling way for all our Russ Lyon | Sotheby’s International Realty family to participate and help. Thus, in January of 2014 the Russ Lyon | Charitable Foundation was formed and operates through every office within the company and all across the State of Arizona.
The Russ Lyon | Charitable Foundation is an Arizona LLC registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity and all donations to the Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent allowed
V-Corps is short for Volunteer Corps. A corps is a unit or team of people engaged in a high level of service for a common goal. Within each Russ Lyon | Sotheby’s International Realty office there is a team, a V-Corps, of agents, employees and management that volunteer their time together to provide help for those in need. Examples of V-Corps efforts are food preparation shifts at St. Mary’s Food Bank, litter collection teams in Oak Creek Canyon, community garden construction at a Cave Creek food bank, just to name a few. It is one of the principal goals of the Russ Lyon | Charitable Foundation and V-Corps to provide valuable and meaningful service work within our Arizona communities, as well as charitable investment. To put it in contemporary terms – writing a check is an easy and exclusive act, volunteering your time with fellow associates in service work is a much more personal and inclusive act.
What We've Achieved
- Through donations and volunteer hours, an impact of over $55,000 has been provided to The Salvation Army through the Real Estate Wednesdays Red Kettle campaign.
- 2016's title sponsorship for the Dancing for Arizona's Children event helped Arizona's Children Association's raise $177,000.
- $5000 was raised and donated to the Care Foundation.
- Multiple Russ Lyon | Sotheby's International Realty offices sponsor Education Programs for underprivileged children through Rancho Feliz.
- Ongoing efforts include planting sustainable gardens at food banks, cleaning trails in our park systems, holding blood drives, food drives, clothing drives and more.
Check out our Events page to find an upcoming project in your community